bullet.gif Total Members: 148
bullet.gif Newest Member: john liberator
View Thread
blank.gif
O30P Clan Site » Software/Hardware help » Software/Hardware help
 Print Thread
Intel HD Graphics 3000
Matson
Hey, finally I have finished my work and I want to buy notebook for the money I earned.
The one I have chosen seems to have nice parameters:
http://allegro.pl/laptop-samsung-rv520-i3-2x2-1g-6g-320g-hd3000-win7-i1765846199.html
Evertything is good for me BUT I've got a question about this graphic card.
Will it let me play ET or older games? (Like Cossacks Back to War)
I'm totally not interested in any new games or sth, but would be nice to play someday ET again, even for short time.
As I was reading about Intel HD Graphics 3000, it can handle even some new games, but I prefer to ask some1 elsed7
Will it handle ET, Cossacks?

WhiteFang
I've read only good things about it now, but if you mean Cossacks like the ancient fantastic game Cossacks then I'm sure it will handle it d7 And ET as well d5

Why not? b7

Jericho
Processor looks ok - you should get stable 125, but who knows, it's ET :P I feel ifty about integrated stuff, but Intel should know better :]
Edited by Jericho on 19-08-2011 11:56

Gorn
You said you were not interested in modern games, but I'll offer my opinion from the point of view of someone that play the last games of the market. Not only for you, also for those who want to buy a laptop similar or with that GFX

If in the future you want to play modern games I'd said to search for another one, Intel (and laptops in general) aren't the best for modern gaming. But if you aren't interested in modern games at all like you say in your post it's a very good GFX and I'd say go for it without any doubt, it will handle ET and Cossacks and even a lot of modern games. It seems I'm contradicting myself about modern games but I'm not.

I searched on google for compatibility problems between Cossacks and Windows 7 and it seems that it has one, but it can be fixed with the file that you can download from the description of this video:

http://www.youtub...RR1FhQO1y8

The video also shows what the problem is and how it gets fixed d7
It seems that with ET there isn't problems at all, but that's something that people here with Windows 7 can tell you better, I have the old and still good XP.

To sum up, if you play old (and still very fun) games like Cossacks and ET or you don't play modern games so much or nothing at all, it's a good GFX so go for it c2
Edited by Gorn on 19-08-2011 12:45

HaKkaM
I went to your site or there is the graphics card in question.
And yes of course you can play without problems ET or other games if you want. Don't worry, the graphic cards today are performing. d5

HaKkaM
[img]http://img64.imageshack.us/img64/3822/img05941.th.jpg[/img] is not a valid Image.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Oh and I forgot, I play with myself a NetBook, the model of mine is 1215N EEEPC, to avoid too small screen I have the leads connected to a cable screen "15" inches and I doing very well.
So don't worry man c2

Matson
ok Thank You very much guysd7
the only thing is to solve this problems with win7 and this games, but with link from Gorn it's gonna be easyd5
so I buy ite6

HaKkaM
I have myself windows 7, and it works very well, i have not any problems with it.

keksiii
I have win7 too. =b and no problemo.

Flitspopper
Same here (Win7) Haven't had any problems with games yet.

http://www.o30p.com
dEVIL
Cossacks, huh? If you play it online then it's very possible that you have played against my father :P

Matson
dEVIL wrote:
Cossacks, huh? If you play it online then it's very possible that you have played against my father a

zolwika
My father also plays itc6

dEVIL
Matson wrote:
dEVIL wrote:
Cossacks, huh? If you play it online then it's very possible that you have played against my father a

zolwika
My father also plays itc6

Look out for ww or cezary z7

Matson
[img][img]http://foteczka.eu//image-7B55_4E64D817.jpg[/img] is not a valid Image.[/img]
tyd7
cya in game soon!
Edited by Matson on 05-09-2011 14:51

HaKkaM
Yeah nice computer d5, see you in game mate g

Matson
Hey again, unfortunately this is not a HappyEnd
Yesterday in the evening I realised I got different notebook than I wantedb3
When I got it I thought "wow, it's quite big, it's good I didn't take 15,6 but 13,3- but it actually IS 15,6"a
So:
notebook I've got next to me has:
-15,6" not 13,3" (its still OK for me)
-400GB not 300GB (its better for me)
-GeForce 315 not Intel HD Graphics 3000
-i3 380M not i3 2310M

Firstly what I wanted was to realise WHAT is the notebook I've got now and if this notebook is for me BETTER or WORSE. If its better it will stay with me, if worse I will phone to give it back and get the one I wanted.

So what I read:

-On a list, there is not big difference between GeForce 135 and Intel HD Graphics 3000 (look here at positions 206 and 211 http://www.notebookcheck.pl/Mobilne-karty-graficzne-rozpiska-osiagow.1174.0.html )

-about procesor: i3 380M has 2x2,53 GHz i3 2310M has 2x2,1 GHz, but finally it seems like i3 2310M if better than i3 380M. Finally I know for me as man who doesnt play new games i3 380M is OK.

now the thing I want your help:
How to check my Cache?
I read it IS quite important.
In the notebook I WANT cache is 3MB but what I read in notebook I have is only:
L1 32 KB
L2 256 KB

is cache L2 + L1? if yes, I would prefer to phone because it seems the one I have is 10x slower?
What about it? is 32KB and 256KB good?
Maybe cache is nothing about L2 and L1 so then how to check my cache?

I've found out that Ive got L3 - 3MB inside also.
But does the fact that it is L3 that big not L1 depends on a speed of my PC?

How fast is notebook with that details? (L1, L2, L3)?

PS2 Yea Im asking a lot of questions but I'm so noobby in all this PC stuff and need to have some things clear so I decide what to do d7
Edited by Matson on 06-09-2011 15:33

Noctis
Matson,

I'm not going to explain the L1, L2 caches, because it will probably confuse you more, if you really want to know about it just google about it.

The i3 2310M is a bit faster than the i3 380M.
The Intel HD 3000 is way faster than the GeForce 315, but even then you'll have to drop your resolution to get good FPS.

So I'd recommend you call them and get the other one.
Edited by Noctis on 07-09-2011 15:54

Matson
Noctis wrote:
Matson,

I'm not going to explain the L1, L2 caches, because it will probably confuse you more, if you really want to know about it just google about it.

The i3 2310M is a bit faster than the i3 380M.
The Intel HD 3000 is way faster than the GeForce 315, but even then you'll have to drop your resolution to get good FPS.

So I'd recommend you call them and get the other one.

I googled about it, but yea simply I don't care what it is since I've got the same cache (3MB L3) as in notebook I wanted. Cache-problem solvedd7

Yea I phoned, they said they got broken notebooks 13,3 but finally they had sent me more expensive notebook than I paid for, so they told me to decide:
-if I want my money back and I give them notebook back.
-if it stays.

Tommorow I'm going to MediaMarkt so I will look for some notebooks, if I wont find something interesting - I decide to stay as it is.

Thank You All for Helpd7

Edit: no new notebooks I have found. I installed ET and made my first 1400 xp this yeard7
topic can be closed!
Edited by Matson on 08-09-2011 19:32

Jump to Forum:
blank.gif
capmain-b-left.pngcapmain-b-right.png
Member Poll
Would you play with bots (not aimbots) on the server?

Yes
Yes
53% [17 Votes]

No
No
31% [10 Votes]

Maybe
Maybe
16% [5 Votes]

Votes: 32
You must login to vote.
Started: 18.01.17

Polls Archive
Shoutbox
You must login to post a message.

02-01-2024 18:28
Happy New Year!

02-01-2024 17:53
Hello everyone! Greetings from Finland! Happy 2024!

23-12-2023 20:06
[*WOD*]Pablo rampage added to photo gallery

16-11-2023 21:39
h3

04-11-2023 12:31
More likely O60

1,704,471 unique visits